3.06.2005

Seasonal Love Song

You’re like an autumn day
wrapping me in blankets of leaves
that crunch beneath our feet
as we watch our breath appear.
You glow warmly in the colors of the trees
igniting the parkway as we speed towards the sea.
In your temperate days,
I find myself wishing you’d stay
a little longer.
Yet when fall has been felled by a frosty foe
I find myself wrapped up in your layers
as I lie with you, pure as snow
and angels stretch out from our fingertips.
I linger in the moments we meet
begging the fire in your eyes
to warm me
as we sit in a circle around stolen wood.
Still, you are as soft as a spring breeze
tickling my face
as you draw my hair back and forth
across my nose.
When I inhale you, I find myself
in a field filled with tulips
as ours touch.
Dangling our toes in the pond,
I know love has never been so new.
Yet summer leave us tumbling down
dunes,
Sleeping until noon,
and wishing we could be closer.
Our sweat turns sweet in the heat
of the moment before a lavender bath
in the creek.
Wet bodies flowing over each other,
babbling of stones and waterfalls
Your sweet nothings whispered into my ear
by fairies and fireflies
staring at the stars.

No comments: