3.15.2005

Retroflections

Blinded by the rhythm
I'm amazed at what's within them
Grayed out by the smoke
curling around my eyelashes
We're rehashing the ways
we've spent our days
but all I'm getting is hope
that tomorrow will be worth
our memories
It's strange to me how things pile
up
As we're getting in touch
with our inner demons
discovering our meanings
as we give birth
to identity
affinity with what we feel
infinitely surreal
in a Monkey House
filled with tigers
making us liars as we mate
with truth.
We're all burning on pyres
in guilt
for the sins we've committed
But never admitted
against humanity and insanity
searching for the root of evil
in the people we love.
It hurts me to know
that long ago
I tried to find it in you.
Even though I had no reason to
No reason but the season
but the winter
to consider you my foe.

No comments: