2.19.2007

profile me

If I were to die I'd be happy but maybe...I'd be sad because I couldn't get the word out that I'd put the white flag up for all the times I hadn't said the pledge of allegiance and had said stop believing in Jesus, pick up a pen and write.

If I were to die I'd want to be flown to Scotland and put somewhere where the sun touches the water and there were no bombs and people would read this, come visit me, and point.

If I were to die without hydration I would be sad that I had stopped empty handed when freedom places the power to shape my life into my own hands.

If I were to die a patriot it would help everyone by showing them that when the sun rises and the bugle wakes you up you are proud to be working for something bigger than yourself--even when you're not sure what that bigger thing is or if you really believe in it.

If I were to die I would feel cut off from a chance at finding that person and the ring, being an and and getting a house, a home, a space. He'd have been a Capricorn.

If I were to die I'd want to talk some bull so I'd find a phone to call and would ask someone about Stonehenge, feelings, and promise to give up suffering and smile.

If I were to die I would call you twice and offer you my hand anytime anywhere, pledge it for the good times, the sunshine, and for the worst.

But I ignored all the writing so I don't know how to end, but I'm pretty sure that if I were to die I'd just turn into a flower and I would paint my emotions with petals pulled off my stalk by a little girl's fingers.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

the poem above was based off of the aim profile of jto0713 on the date of the posting.

Ashley said...

Edit:

If I were to die I'd be happy but maybe...
I'd be sad
because I couldn't get the word out
I'd put the white flag up
for all the times
I hadn't said the pledge of allegiance
stop believing in Jesus,
pick up a pen and write.

If I were to die I'd want to be flown
to Scotland
put somewhere where the sun touches the water
and there were no bombs
people would read this,
and come visit me,
and point.

If I were to die without hydration
I would be sad that I had stopped
empty handed
when freedom places the power
to shape my life
into my own hands.

If I were to die a patriot
it would help everyone
by showing them that when the sun rises
and the bugle wakes you up
you are proud
to be working for something bigger than yourself—
even when you're not sure what that bigger thing is
or if you really believe in it.

If I were to die
I would feel cut off from a chance at finding that person
and the ring,
being an and
and getting a house, a home, a space.

He'd have been a Capricorn.

If I were to die I'd want to talk some bull
so I'd find a phone to call and would ask someone
about Stonehenge, feelings, and promise to give up suffering and smile.

If I were to die I would call you twice and offer you my hand anytime anywhere, pledge
it for the good times, the sunshine,
and for the worst.

But I ignored all the writing so I don't know how to end,
but I'm pretty sure that if I were to die I'd just turn into a flower
and I would paint my emotions with petals
pulled off my stalk by a little girl's fingers.